Sunday 28 February 2010

=(

I seriously see no reason for our parents to bring us out to places such as the supermarket or restaurants. Is getting good food really that important? Must we really follow them go get groceries if we don't even have a choice of what to buy? Must we do all those uninteresting things (to me)? Why can't they just do it themselves, on their own? I would rather do something interesting like homework or play games, or even just sitting in a corner thinking about things like this. These appeal to me more than shopping or dining out.

I mean, are we really obliged to follow our parents wherever they go? As teenagers our age, I think we have the right to choose, right? If we see no purpose in doing something and someone else is doing it anyway, then what's the point of wasting your time doing it? Even if we were forced to do something we have no interest in, it would be pointless since we would not learn from the experience, right? Okay, fine, occasionally we would find out that the 'uninteresting' thing might actually be of interest, but things that we have done and found no interest in, should we even do it if unnecessary?

I feel that I have wasted my time following my parents doing things like those, but to some of you, it might have been eventful. I still feel that I could have done something more meaningful, such as the homework for tomorrow, or even CIP with my friends! But what is done is done, I can't do anything to reverse it, so let's just forget that incident. Hopefully my parents will read this blog post and understand, since I'll feel a little awkward telling them straight. So yeah. Things will always be pointless to those who deem it uninteresting. Like me. I might change my perspective, but not just yet.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you raymond. There is absolutely no point of parents bringing us to supermarkets. Its really not like we can learn anything or help them with something. Furthurmore, parents sometimes even treat shopping as fun, and that is like adding salt to wounds as we are feeling bored and sad, while they are happily shopping away, oblivious to us.
    Yew Pheng

    ReplyDelete