Thursday 18 February 2010

I'm confused. O_O

That was fast. It's already week 7 and I didn't notice it! This week's the deadline, and I still have 2 posts to go. Oops. Time really flies. So many things happening this week and next week. I reeaaaallllllly need to destress.

First there are tests, such as the speech situational writing test tomorrow, and a history test on Monday, and a geog test on Tuesday, .... Then there are assignments to be completed, like my Science project, and my chinese situational writing, and these blog posts, and my projects day project, and plenty more.

I'm beginning to wonder how I managed to survive Secondary 1. Heh. School, school, school. Education, education, education. Is that the only thing that matters for the youths in Singapore? Please note this is not a complaint, just my thoughts. I mean, yes, education is important to go far, and yes, school is important. But we hardly have time to study and do homework, with all those tuitions, remedials, and CCA, let alone play. Okay, fine, we do have some time. But is it enough? Nowadays youths are getting more rebellious; is it possible that this is the reason?

Are we really that different from other countries like Malaysia(read previous post)? Is it true that we have no time to relax and have fun? I'm not sure. I don't mind homework. Sometimes it's hard, sometimes it's easy. Sometimes it takes time, sometimes it can be done quickly. Sometimes the deadline is pretty far away, sometimes we have to hand it up on the spot. Most teachers aren't unreasonable. In fact, I'm not sure what I'm trying to point out here. I'm just destressing by voicing out my feelings. Perhaps the youths of Singapore are just tired, or lazy, or something. I'm not sure. Maybe. Just maybe.

P.S. I'm not trying to tell any teachers to lessen their homework or anything. I'm just stressed and need to voice out my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment